News and events
- Welcome to our new teachers this year: Miss Nelson, Miss Grove and Miss Chapman. They have already settled into school life and it feels like they have been here for ever (Technically they have: Miss Nelson came to the school and Mrs Hayles was her teacher 3 times, Miss Grove trained at the school and Miss Chapman worked one to one before she trained to teach!)
- Sadly, a few weeks ago, Mrs Lambert (a former teacher at the school) passed away. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her husband, Howard and her son, Simon.
- A massive thank you to some of our year 6 children who organised a bake sale and a raffle in the last week of the Autumn term- they amazingly managed to raise over £70 for local homeless people.
- The homeless shelter at Sacred Heart Church continues to provide much needed warmth and sustenance to 10 men every Tuesday night. Mrs Hayles and Mrs Green visited before Christmas and handed over an enormous amount of donations collected by the staff. We pray that this may help just a little bit this Winter.
- Christmas jumper day managed to raise £340 for Save the Children- thank you for helping us with this.
- The Choir (along with St John Fisher and St Joseph's, Leicester) sang at DeMontfort Hall at the beginning of December to help raise money for Menphys. I know I'm biased, but they were incredible and I have received many positive comments about them- well done all and especially Mrs Ong!
Mrs Hayles' Visit to Grimsby
On Friday 31st of March, Mrs Hayles and Mr Hirst visited St. Mary's Primary school in Grimsby. This was the school where Mr Hirst was Headteacher before coming to Leicester. It was a lovely day, with mass celebrated by Bishop Patrick and then a tour of the school by the Chaplaincy group.